Falls Prevention Safety at Home
What the Safety at Home Program Provides
The Safety at Home Program promotes independence and mobility among older adults, allowing them to stay healthy, safe, and strong at home. Our focus is to prevent falls through education and increasing awareness of the services and support available to reduce risks of falls at home.
- FREE individualized home assessment with a summary of recommendations promoting independence and mobility
- Referrals to other services
- Essential parts and equipment such as a grab bar installation, which will increase the safety of your home
You must be 60 years of age or older to be eligible for this service.
- How to live independently and safely in your own home
- Information about how to prevent trips, falls, and injuries
- How you can arrange a free Safety at Home assessment
Funding for this program is provided by the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant (HNHB) Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
Informations en Francais
For more information please contact:
Safety at Home Coordinator
Phone: 905-522-6887 ext. 2237
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
We encourage you to explore the following resources to learn more about preventing falls and facilitating safety at home.